This video is part of the free resource section that accompanies our PORTL manual.
This video demonstrates the PORTL reinforcement delivery process.
It shows what happens when the correct behavior occurs:
– The teacher clicks the clicker.
– The learner holds out a hand.
– The teacher places a block in the learner’s hand.
– The learner places the block in the bowl.
– The teacher’s hand returns to the base position and the learner returns to interacting with the objects.
The video explains why the clicker is used as a conditioned reinforcer and why the blocks are used as reinforcers. The clicker and blocks replicate what happens in the operant chamber or in any teaching situation.